Sunday 1 November 2009

On feeling negative

I've felt 'down' today. I dont know why. I've calmed down a little now. But i've had one of those days, as i have once in a while, where i have felt like i just cant accept the position i am in. It started with looking at Facebook and comparing my life to that of others -always a mistake. Then it progressed to looking at forums where people were explaining how CFS had affected them. Not that there is anything wrog with these forums! They can be a good thing - and of course i am doing the smae thing -posting how i feel online. But i dont know if looking at them is always a good idea for me. I start thinking of how its affected my life and then i get into a negative train of thought and catastrophic thinking. Maybe i shouldnt be posting then; i dont want to make someone else feel negative. So i wont go into too much about how i felt. But these feelings come, but at least they go, rather than staying with me all the time. As long as i continue to get better, that's the main thing. I know it wont happen overnight, and this glorious day where suddenly i am the person i once was is not going to come as one particular day. But rather it will happen gradually - i hope!

There is nothing i would love more than to be able to do all the things i used to do. To be able to walk distances without thinking about them and worrying if i can make it! Without having to ration whati do and 'forward plan' and ration my activities, just to keep the tiredness under control. And to walk down the steet with confidence and feel like a young and (a little bit more) attractive person! And to have a successful career again. OK now ill stop, because i am starting to list the things that i cant do, instead of the things i can. Must get out of the negative spiral and not get caught up inside my own head. I never got round to my baking today. I will do it tomorrow; then i will have achieved something and i shall feel better. I think anything is an achievement, however small. Wherever our 'baseline' of activity is, its an achievement to stick to it or even rise above it by a miniscule amount! Just keep plodding. Or as Dory from Finding Nemo says: 'Just keep swimming!'

No comments:

Post a Comment