Thursday 12 November 2009

A successful week - thankfully!

Its been quite a successful week in that it has been busier than ususal and i hve survived it, without feeling too bad. I baked some cupcakes for my Grandad, have attended the hospital and met with my nutritionist, and i have also managed to walk around a (very) small shop in the nearby village and pick up a few clothes bargains, which cannot fail to cheer me up! Plus had a pub lunch with my boyfriend on saturday. By my standards, i think i have done well to squeeze all of this in. I am still getting lifts everywhere of course and i dont walk any more than a few metres; my mum always parking right outside, but at least its a step up from completely crashing for the rest of the day follwing every small outing. There have been the usual ups and downs, but its generally been a good week.

I watched an incredibly inspiring documentary the other night - about Katie Piper, who survived an attack in which acid was thrown into her face. I have such admiration for the girl, her bravery and dignity. She is beautiful too. She said something that really struck a chord with me - about how she saw herself before the attack as a 'best friend she wouldnt see again' because her life has changed so much. Now im not claiming to know how she feels or to have gone through anything remotley as horrific as she has, not for one minute, but a part of me can really understand that feeling of having your life completely change - i thought her quote put things in a nutshell. This world is just so competitive; everyone is judged on their achievements and their occupation - but until something happens to interfere with our plans, we just dont realise how much we are at the mercy of Lady Luck, in making our aspirations come true. I wish those people who sat in judegment of others under these terms would appreciate that they are lucky to be ignorant of the fact that this is no way to measure a person.

I am of to my friend's house tonight for tea and a DVD. I am looking forward to seeing her. She has been a really good friend - better than most actually. Some have treated me as if i have died! She has been a true friend, rather than someone who sees that i am no longer good to accompany them for a night out, etc, and therfore, am no use anymore!

I have to be thankful for this good week and hope it continues. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment