Saturday 31 October 2009

A lazy day

Well I've taken it extra easy today; in fact i've done nothing but mess around on the internet and rest on the sofa. I did put a little shoppin away in the cupboards, when it arrived via home delivery. And i did pop next door to return a couple of books. Our neighbours' daughter has Lupus and kindly lent them to me - like me she loves reading -so we are doing a bit of a book swap.

At the moment i am in bed watching Jo Brand Live at the Apollo (i do love her!) And it's Halloween too, and i am planning not to answer the door to any trick or treaters - i have no money to give them nor cakes -so ill pretend to be out! What a misery i am!

I have to say that the late evening is probably my favourite part of the day - because i can legitimately lie in bed comfy and cosy and watching whatever i like on tv, without feeling like i should be persuading myself to be doing something. As anyone with CFS will know, most of the time it just feels natural to lie down or at least sit down, all day every day. Well, i suppose thats not quite true. When i have a bit of energy i get really excited and get out of the damn house asap, or at least do something different!

But i love my room. I love sitting in bed with my lamp on in a dim light - think i shouldve been an owl, or as its Halloween, a bat! Actually i have always been a night owl, even before i got ill. I loved my evenings out and was always inclined to go to bed late. Late evening has always been my 'unwinding' time, which i suppose it is for most people. I have always hated early mornings.

I had to take it easy today - yesterday was a difficult one, energy wise. I went to visit my Grandad in hospital, bless him. I love my Grandad, i am so sad that he is so ill.

Well i can feel my eyes glazing over now so i will sign off. This weekend i am planning to bake again, so i can send him some home made cakes and biccies. So hoping for a good day tomorrow, after being a a little tired today. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment