Friday 16 October 2009

A long overdue post

Well its been too long since i posted on my blog - i have let myself down again! Maybe i havent posted because i have been feeling more positive and less likely to ruminate. Thats what people tell me 'You never hear about recovery stories on the web because those who have recovered are out in the world.' Lets hope theres some hope then! Anyway, i have not recovered; not by a long shot, but, i have had some form of an absolution; in the form of my lovely new Cocker Spaniel, Dotty. She has clearly been the best medicine i have had so far. Along with Creatine and D Ribose powders (for muscle building)! She has, i think, helped me to relax and feel happier, which has facilitated some healing. Obviously there is still one hell of a long way to go - we know all to well that being happy isnt enough to get us out of the woods -but at least it helps. The recovery times after activity are getting a little shorter, thankfully, although my activity is still minimal compared to a 'normal' person. But small things to a non CFS-er are huge achievements for me.

I thought i would take this opportunity to share some of the things that have helped me:

Counselling - this helped me get my thoughts in order, and although emotionally exhausting at the time, relieved a lot of stress, which aids recovery.

Anti candida diet, along with anti fungals, probiotics and EPA fish oil, St John's Wort, and Co Enzyme Q10. I found a helpful nutritionist at my local herbalist store who actually helped me for free. Might be worth asking at your local herbalist!

After 4 months on the anti candida diet, i started taking D Ribose and Creatine powders and gradually introduce previously forbidden foods into my diet (still working on this)

Meditation CDs- great for relaxing and sending you to sleep.

Half hour rest periods, taken regularly, before i get tired, and following them with light activity, to get going again.

Leaving the TV switched off when not watching it - it was draining me of energy without me even realising!

Hope this helps somebody!

No comments:

Post a Comment